Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > DIY Projects

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 12-22-2004, 05:48 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Send a message via AIM to Fehyd Send a message via Yahoo to Fehyd
3D background question

Ok, I have the background for my 55gal mostly done... it's all carved out and covered with cement. All I have left i to silicone it in the tank and hand-mold the pieces together.

My question is this:
When I silicone the background into the tank... am I trying to get a good watertight seal, or just using the silicone as a glue to keep it secured? I cant imagine the styrophoam having any adverse affects on the water, but then again.. I'm new at this. so... seal or adhere?

thanks! I'll try and get some pics of the build up from this point on. I just got a new card for my digital cam so i'll be snapping away.

Fehyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 04:18 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Sorry I can't answer your question, but I'm just not talented enough to build something like this. You may find what you need to know in this thread - Sulla made an amazing DIY 3D background and provided alot of details about how he did it.

QTOFFER is offline   Reply With Quote

3d background, background

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com