40 Breeder Build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lbannie

Aquarium Advice FINatic
And so it begins! I currently have a 10 gallon paludarium with 3 fire belly toads. They seem like they need some more room, and I can see all the mistakes I made with my first attempt.
I've found an awesome piece of driftwood that I'll be using as a divider between land and water. I'm using a piece of plexiglass behind the wood. I have a reptofilter for a waterfall. I will have pics to follow!!
My question is since I will have at least 8" of water in half of the tank, can I keep endlers in there? I'm hoping to "combine" 2 of my tanks...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool! Huge tank for FBT!
I would 't put endless in because they might end up as food for the toads, which I've read about but personally doubt. I mean, endless are fast while toads are slow. Plus, the toxins that the FBT release from their skin is poisonous to fish. You could try it but it might not work long term.
Will you have plants in the water part? If so, what kind? Can't wait to see pics! :)

Slow moving on my progress. But here's my piece driftwood, I cut the back of it off. And I've siliconed the plexiglass divider in. Tomorrow is the leak test!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443818686.944899.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443818701.064676.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443818716.674850.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443818737.719036.jpg

So I've been told the plexiglass divider will fail? I used black aquarium sealant. Is this true?

Silicone doesn't stick to plexiglass the greatest from my experience. IAmACoolGuy on here has a 40B for for his fire bellies as well. May ask him how he has his set up for some ideas

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I just read on the silicone website that I used (american sealants inc., aquarium sealant) that it bonds to plastics..... Should I be ok then? My fingers are crossed!

Water test complete. NO LEAKS!! Yay! I'm gonna let the water sit in it for a while to check things out. Holds about 11 gallons! (Yes I measured lol)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443891245.064256.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443891279.896809.jpg

Nice build!
Following along.
Possibly carbon in filter would remove FTB toxin so fish could go in?
I have had several land water setups before.
They are always very cool.

Thanks! I'm going to have a reptofilter in there with carbon to create a waterfall

Back
Top Bottom