5 gallon fluval chi-weight question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rhiannamal

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi!
I have s 5 gallon fluval chi
It's probably just under a foot wide and over a foot tall

I have the whole bottom covered in river rock. I was wondering if it would be too much weight to add a rock wall to the back Using similar rocks. Like a piece of plexiglass and the aquarium safe silicone. I attached a photo of the current tank. Thank you. The picture came out sideways.

Attachments

• IMG_3557.jpg
    IMG_3557.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 54
What do you mean by rock wall?

Much would depend on what stand or table you have to hold it. I have had a Chi for a while, (at the moment I have two in storage too many tanks, too little time. :) )

In the picture you can see the river rock at the bottom.
There varying sizes.
and I want to make a wall of those same type of rocks. Probably smaller and flatter though for the wall. And use aquarium silicon to glue them to a peice of plexi glass or something similar. It would then sit against the insid back wall.

search

The closer picture I could find is this
But I'm not putting anything in between rocks which is why i want plexiglass to hold them. So there's no ugly background and it appears like the rocks are stacked in a way.

Pic link didn't work, you can try again.

That sems completely reasonable, I had visions of cut halves of 3-4in river rocks, jutting out like ledges, thinking much more weight, lol.

Back
Top Bottom