Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > DIY Projects
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 05-25-2013, 03:50 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Hms1085's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 25
Drained the water. Glad to report no leaks! Can't wait to start filling it. I'm going to start with live rock and hopefully some marine fish at a later date. Plan on ordering live rock sometime next week.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1756512525.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	175894  
__________________

__________________
Hms1085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 04:46 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
vance1013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Washington USA
Posts: 1,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hms1085 View Post
Drained the water. Glad to report no leaks! Can't wait to start filling it. I'm going to start with live rock and hopefully some marine fish at a later date. Plan on ordering live rock sometime next week.
Good to hear I'll follow along to see how it turns out I'm testing mine now so far so good only water on ground is from the hose
__________________

__________________
Fish addict Forever! or FaF for short.
vance1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 12:10 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Hms1085's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by vance1013 View Post

Good to hear I'll follow along to see how it turns out I'm testing mine now so far so good only water on ground is from the hose
Awesome! Fingers crossed for no leaks!
__________________
Hms1085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 12:18 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
vance1013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Washington USA
Posts: 1,313
No leaks I hovered over it all day and no leaks (happy dance)
__________________
Fish addict Forever! or FaF for short.
vance1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 11:24 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Hms1085's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by vance1013 View Post
No leaks I hovered over it all day and no leaks (happy dance)
Yay!! Good job
__________________
Hms1085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 11:26 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Hobgob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,893
I would let it sit for at least a week before you set it up. My dad tried to reseal a tank once but he did not let it sit long enough. He set it up for a day and thought it was fine. He also didn't use a cleaning product to remove the old silicone residue before he resealed it. He just scrapes it off. But it looks great! I'm excited to see your aquascaping.
__________________
Hobgob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 11:47 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Hms1085's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobgob View Post
I would let it sit for at least a week before you set it up. My dad tried to reseal a tank once but he did not let it sit long enough. He set it up for a day and thought it was fine. He also didn't use a cleaning product to remove the old silicone residue before he resealed it. He just scrapes it off. But it looks great! I'm excited to see your aquascaping.
Thanks for the advice!
__________________
Hms1085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:44 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Hobgob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,893
No problem, sometimes people say to have a filter running also so the water is pushing against the sides.
__________________
Hobgob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:09 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Hms1085's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 25
So I found out the tank is a 45 gallon. I thought it looked small for a 60


My live rock came today. This was my first time aquascaping. I'm pretty happy with the way it looks. Plan on letting the tank run like this and continuously check parameters for a long while.

I'll post more pics when the water clears
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1180103077.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	176917   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1881827261.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	176918  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-506927815.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	109.0 KB
ID:	176919   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2888252760.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	176920  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1471112079.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	176921   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-12060016.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	176922  

__________________
Hms1085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:22 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
vance1013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Washington USA
Posts: 1,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hms1085 View Post
So I found out the tank is a 45 gallon. I thought it looked small for a 60

My live rock came today. This was my first time aquascaping. I'm pretty happy with the way it looks. Plan on letting the tank run like this and continuously check parameters for a long while.

I'll post more pics when the water clears
Looks good can't wait to see it with some life in there
__________________

__________________
Fish addict Forever! or FaF for short.
vance1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
60 gallon, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.