60 gallon tank restore

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Water is clear! :)

Attachments

• image-2342369191.jpg
    image-2342369191.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 92
So I found out the tank is a 45 gallon. I thought it looked small for a 60 ;)

My live rock came today. This was my first time aquascaping. I'm pretty happy with the way it looks. Plan on letting the tank run like this and continuously check parameters for a long while.

I'll post more pics when the water clears :)

Are you adding ammonia or putting in some table shrimp? How are you cycling it. You need to cycle it before you put your fish in it. If your just going to leave it for a while I would suggest just adding some table shrimp that way you can't forget to add ammonia to your tank.

**update**

Tore down the old 45 gallon and put up a new 36 gallon bow front that I got a killer deal on. Same live rock and sand.

image-3847843794.jpg

After few weeks of running the tank completed the cycle. 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites. For a while nitrites were sky high, I added some more water movement ( 2 koralias ) and within a week all parems were good!

image-2560935537.jpg

Purchased 2 blue damsels and 2 turbo snails. Acclimated them for a little over 2 hours.

image-5089495.jpg

After 4 hours this is them! They love all the places to hide that the rock provides. I heard damsels can be picky towards each other so I'll be keeping an eye on that as well as religiously checking parameters. :)

image-2384411599.jpg

image-1295309415.jpg

image-3917567045.jpg

Back
Top Bottom