90 gallon build/rebuild.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just go the final layer on, what do you think?! Is it to much of a oxidation look? just got to let it sit for a few days and I can rinse it and put it in my tank.

Then scrub out the tank, get my new glass brace and put the rim on!

Attachments

• image-1216854501.jpg
    image-1216854501.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 161
  • image-499920474.jpg
    image-499920474.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 120
  • image-1071752592.jpg
    image-1071752592.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 126
Ah those Kentuckians, always wanting to taste everything. :)

Hey Mog, did you use PVC glue for your piping?

MrBones said:
Hey Mog, did you use PVC glue for your piping?

Yes I did, the PVC glue is 100% safe after curing however. I notice that allot of the plumbing fit together tight enough when I water tested it that it could be left unglued.

You have been my source of inspiration and helpful information resource. I am getting of my procrastinating arse today and starting my background today.

Ok Mog, I changed my mind... I now hate you for inspiring me! <JK>

I now have an apartment full of little feather weight pink balls of fluff from **** flying everywhere!! OMG!! :facepalm:

MrBones said:
Ok Mog, I changed my mind... I now hate you for inspiring me! <JK>

I now have an apartment full of little feather weight pink balls of fluff from **** flying everywhere!! OMG!! :facepalm:

Ahahaha I've been there, thats really the worse part.

Had a bit of a set back, I got to much sealer on the sides and now it doesn't fit in the tank the way it should :banghead::banghead::banghead: Now I have to trim in a few spots and repaint. Also despite being very careful the sides have gotten a little scratched up when i was doing a dry fit. If I paint the sides with scratches be less noticeable or more so?

Ugh so frustrated

I would assume they'd be less noticeable but impossible to say for sure w/o actually being there and looking at it.You could try to use some of that material to fill it back in before repainting.

Wow, it's funny, I was going to ask yesterday how much extra space you had to compensate for the sealer when you carved it. That is very frustrating, I feel for you.

MrBones said:
Wow, it's funny, I was going to ask yesterday how much extra space you had to compensate for the sealer when you carved it. That is very frustrating, I feel for you.

Well I had about 1/4 inch on each side but got to much sealer on either side. I did some sanding and trimming. Should be all good now. Just waiting for the repainted areas to cure again.

Glass brace is in place and the silicone is curing, first coat of paint is on the stand. Next silicone the trim on the tank, wait for that to cure them prep the trim to be painted. Going to be a loping night, pass the red bull please.

Attachments

• image-4200607263.jpg
    image-4200607263.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 119
  • image-2191670067.jpg
    image-2191670067.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 123
Back
Top Bottom