A Novice with an Idea.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rdnelson99

Aquarium Advice Addict
A Novice with an Idea.

I am a novice when it comes to filtration but have an idea for filtering my ponds. One pond has a cascading waterfall into a plastic manufactured pond. This one sits at a little higher elevation than the second pond. The second pond is flush in the ground and has 8 koi. Each has its own pump but neither has filtration and algae is a big issue in the koi pond.

Is there a way to turn the pond with cascading waterfall in to a filter that then feeds the koi pond? About half of the manufactured pond is pretty deep while the other half is shallow. I would not want to get rid of the waterfall but if in the process of creating a filter I could keep a strong batch of water hyacinth growing on the surface you would never even know it was a filter.

What do you think? Possible? If so, any ideas? Picture 1 is the pond that would become the filter. Pic 2 is the relationship between ponds however the koi pond has changed over the years. Pics 3 & 4 are the koi pond as they are now.

Back
Top Bottom