acrylic or latex?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bthomas

Aquarium Advice Activist
So ive had my first tank up and running for 4 months. Ive made alot of changes now its time for a different background! My question is which type of paint goes on the best and would be easiest to remove later down the road if I want to redo the background? (My tank is up and running so spraying it is not an option)

I painted mine a few weeks ago after watching some vids and asking around. I ended up going to Walmart and buying a cheap tube ($2-$3) of black water based acrylic craft paint. I did three coats using a decent quality sponge roller and used a hair dryer between coats to make it dry quickly. I'm more than happy with the results.

Also with this kind of paint, if you get tired of it; it will scrape off very easily using a straight razed.

Happy painting!

Im off to buy paint today! Im torn between a deep blue and black... I think I'll do black but I definitely want the option to change it later. Either way It's time for my stick on background to go

Back
Top Bottom