Acrylic substitute

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lomeli562

Aquarium Advice Activist
Im wondering if anyone has an idea for an acrylic or glass substitute i want to build an internal trickle filter but glass and acrylic is a bit to much. It wont need to be under too much pressure and im hoping to use silicone as the adhesive. Any and all help is greatly apreciated thank you :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Im wondering if anyone has an idea for an acrylic or glass substitute i want to build an internal trickle filter but glass and acrylic is a bit to much. It wont need to be under too much pressure and im hoping to use silicone as the adhesive. Any and all help is greatly apreciated thank you :)

PVC pipe? You could just use adapter to increase the size for the basin up top and cut out a lower lip for the trickle.

This will be inside the tank, and not hanging correct?

What will you use for the pump?

Corrugated plastic sheets, like they use for yard signs.
Home Depot carries it in two sizes and it is in the same display rack as the acrylic and glass and it's less $$$.
It is easy to cut, easy to drill, is rigid but flexible and bonds extremely well to glass with silicone.
I've used it to make internal sump/baffle filters for my two ten gallon tanks and have no complaints. (couple pics in profile)
Can't go wrong with it. (y)

tip: to form it so it has nice crisp corners, simply cut through only one side on the sheet, fold and there ya go. :) (you will understand if you use it)

Im still looking around but the pump will probably an eco brand pump im using one on an outside pond and it is a work horse ive had it maybe 6 months and no reduced flow or anything and the corrugated sheets sound perfect ill have to check them out to be sure though thank you both for the advice!

Back
Top Bottom