Acrylic tank build - help needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kingcichlid87

Aquarium Advice Activist
hi guys im going to build a acrylic tank to grow my angel fish out in .

im going to make it (L) 30' x (W) 15' x (H) 20'

but what size acrylic would i need would 4mm be too weak ?

i know i can just buy a tank but i thought it would be kool to make one myself.

thanks alot guys

I'm thinking that are talking inches and not feet. If I'm not mistaken acrylic is stronger then glass so I would think 1/4" (which I believe is 6mm) would do fine. Look up urajoey on YouTube. Very good explanation on building acrylic tanks

I thought to mention that you should do some practice runs by making some specimen boxes or something like it. I made square boxes for filters and man it wasn't pretty.

oh ok yeah good idea . i have the acrylic cement and all the stuff needed to make one ill order some acrylic and make a small tank first like a cube or something and let you guys know how i get on once its done

Be careful its not as easy as you think, you can make a real mess if you've never done it before.

Have you had a chance to use it yet? My father in law taught me a trick to using that small applicator. You may know it but in case you don't. Squeeze it first in the uptight position and hold. As you tilt it to the joint area unsqueeze (if that's a word) and that prevents it from spurting everywhere

Back
Top Bottom