Acylic Tank Help/build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

supperfin

Aquarium Advice Newbie
:fish1: HI all hope anyone reading is doing good :)

im planning on building a 800 x 300 x 270mm (lxWxH) i think this is around 64 L , 13 gal.

its going to be for a shrimp only tank- the reasons for the size is due to were the tank is going to live.

i have some questions im new to the acylic side of things when not buying a acylic tank already made.

few things i would like help with is what thickness acyrlic 6mm 8mm 10mm ect ? - and what type is best , best location for braces if nessesery i was thinking a middle brace along the 800mm side , ! i was allso thinking if a brace is require i may posstion it down into the water and alow some moss to grow over it !

I have read to check if the acylic will change to yellow after long exposuer to light ? i seem to read most acylic is uv stable ? there will very minimal natural light , no direct light - and my lighting is a led bar, tank temp should be maintained at around 23c ( 75f-ish) my lack of knowlage is acrylic its self !

im also happy to start a thread with the tank build as i go along :)

many thnaks guys :) :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom