Advice on Filtration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RBC

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi guys,

I need some advice, which is slightly outside the normal, but never the less i think i am in the right place. The misses hurt her back a few months ago, and shes being going to a float centre locally for a few hours each other day which seems to do her good with managing the back pain. Its getting tiring going back and forward as the shop is a 1 hour drive both ways and i have decided to build my own float tank which she can use at home.

The tank is 2.2m long, 0.75m height (water only goes up to 0.27m) and the width is 1.2m and its filled with 720 litres/190 gallons of super salty water.

Here's the ultimate question, can i use a external aquarium canister to filter the water and keep it clean? and if so, what should i feel the media trays with?

Thanks for your advice.

Essentially you're building a hot tub?? Need a ton of info. Will this be an enclosed tub? Is it plumbed? How often will water be removed/replaced? I have a Coleman camping hot tub. It has external heater/circulator. Filtration is paper cone filters. You may be able to get away with something like that??

Hi Brookster,

Correct Mate. its just a super salty hot tub. It will be enclosed yes. Its not plumbed, the same water needs to stay in the tub for 1-2 years as the epsom salt costs about 700 bucks, so cant afford to throw it away. Heat wise, i have some cool silcone based heating pads under the tank which keep the temperature at a constant 34*c

You think if i made some paper filters myself and placed them inside a canister filter it may work?

Thanks

Call Stephen at Swisstropicals.com he will know what you need.

Back
Top Bottom