African rift lake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andrew McFadden

Aquarium Advice Addict
Last edited:
Right now all I have is the red zebra, bumble bee, yellow lab... I think I know the bee is a bee the other two not so sure about and an stinkpot musk turtle that cleans up after the three Cichlids and I clean up after him. Lol in the next couple a weeks I'm going to order 10-15 more Cichlids. In all in all they keep it pretty clean

Plus about every other day I run a sump filter and I know for sure its pushing over 1300. All the fish go and hide in the rocks and the turtle gets out. I'm going to add a shut off so I can control some of the output. This part is all DIY

Lol @ herp I wouldn't say that about mine but then again it is a 180 gal. With only 3 fish so will see if he changes his mind when I get more

Ya, why dont you care what we have to say? Even if your tank WAS terrible, nobody would say so!

Your tank is so cool, so creative and realistic. Props to you!

Sharkbait its a 180gal. This is how its set up
The tank itself has one rena canister that runs all the time.
Two heaters one 300 watt and one 350
It has an over flow that runs down thru a trickle filter and then thru a uv then into a 29 gal with an fbf then snails plants driftwood is in there and pumped up with a utility pump with a valve to adjust some flow and a check valve. Works great :)

I did forget some stuff I do have a rena that runs all the time in the 29 gal. And then in the 10 gal hospital tank is a deep blue pro sponge filter. And I run 2 2xt5ho lights one is on is on for ten hours and the other is on for 3

You made your rocks? That is so cool! I have read over lots of different ways to make them for reptile set ups, but never for fish. I'm curious what process/materials you used, too!

I would personally not try it for a saltwater tank just an FYI I used styrofoam, quickrete, and that brands colors and like 8 tubes of ge silcone 1 for Windows and doors ,paint brushes and I used a multi tool for cutting everything it was a nicer then trying to use a razor blade of any assortment. This is not mine but here ya go for diy 3d aquarium backgrounds

DIY Aquarium Background - YouTube

Back
Top Bottom