Algae Scrubber Basics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
crister13 said:
Why do you always spell algae ALGEA in caps?? Kinda weird to ask here but I find it funny haha. Your plan sounds good.

Stupid iPhone spell check I'm just to lazy to correct it lmao

I'm going to make one of my remote refuge that is gravity feed from tank to refuge to ALGEA scrubber but I'll use a huge PVC tube cut in like half with the screen suspended like a half inch off the surface (depending on running level) and that way no addition pumps are needed will polish water as it comes outa the refuge also

Sounds interesting. What do you mean about the PVC cut in half, like a trough? Hard to picture, do you have a sketch?

Floyd R Turbo said:
Sounds interesting. What do you mean about the PVC cut in half, like a trough? Hard to picture, do you have a sketch?

Yea just like a little trough prolly won't be in half though I'll prolly only cut a quarter to a 1/3 of the top and sit a piece of plexiglass over it and sit my light there and I'll prolly January glue river the the edges so it won't slide since I'll need to get in it to clean the old ALGEA out

Lmao oh **** wow that was terrible ok where did I leave off I think glue a rubber edge on so the plexi glass won't slide around. I really gotta start proof reading lol

Back
Top Bottom