Amazing xmas discovery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know the colours of the different Malawis just not all the technical names lol I want the yellow ones with spots on the fins and horizontal stripes and I think the blue ones I want a jioanne

I'm not really one to help, have you looked at any lake tanganyika fish? They are not as colourful but very unique and cool. With your tank you could even get a colony of frontosas.

Ill take a look online at them it's the. Colours I'm really interested in can these fish live in a mixed tank or are they species tank like Malawi ?

Wow both of them are really nice fish I like the lake tanga fish they are pretty unique looking

It's not advised to mix fish from the different lakes. I would stick to one or the other. If you decide on frontosas they are fairly calm and passive fish and are best kept with other calm fish such as calvus.

Sorry for the late reply actually thought I had replied but poor network so the tank is running nice with the inhabitants of the 22g community tank but I will be switching to Malawis as they are so beautiful lol anyone know any tank mates that are compatible that arnt Malawis so there's a bit of variety ?

Some petricola catfish, native to the African lakes and most are very cool looking, best kept in schools. Keep in mind there are loads of African cichlids from Malawi with all sorts of color so you can mix different colors together, be sure to check here first for comparability help.

Went to the lfs today and they had a bunch of tanks in quarantine due to white spot so that was a waste of time lol puffer I will actually check on this forum before I buy anymore but I have a johanni m and f and a yellow one I think is a aust something :s

Derekkaine said:
We need more pics!

Here ya go bud :) with some new plants in but still looking pretty bare :s

Attachments

• image-1801115244.jpg
    image-1801115244.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 125
  • image-2275588284.jpg
    image-2275588284.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 127
I really want alot more rocks to build up a semi reef cave system I'm also attempting to cultivate the plants to grow over the rocks so the roots grow through and over the rocks I have before placing more on top so the plants grow through the sorta fresh water reef style thing I want I'm also looking for some nice big driftwood but the lfs where I live in London is stupidly expensive for that and I can't just got to the marshes or beach to get rocks any more since I moved so any members from London know of any disused quarries or good wild areas that have nice rocks laying around I figure I could be super mean and snag a rock or two from local gardens :p like rockeries but that is harsh :p so any advice would be awesome

Also on a side note I noticed that the lfs han cribensis in with the Malawis and they were fine would that be ok ?

Switched over to Malawis and cribs they are getting along fine just like normal although there are two fire mouths in that tank that I just can't catch at all I need another net lol but they seem to be ok for an hour while I let it all chill then I'll catch them lol so hard to catch any suggestions on catching those problematic creatures lol

Cheers dude I'm sorta happy with the way it's coming along but I don't have the money to survive the month and finish the tank :( BUT I'm pushing it it just drives me a bit mental when I can see a job that needs finishing and can't finish it

Ok so it's been almost a whole month since my last reply so I figured it was time for an update only two new fish a pair of
Lyre tails and a bunch of new rocks and plants I'm just waiting for my next cash injection in a few days before I start adding new stock

Attachments

• image-2492555903.jpg
    image-2492555903.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 126
Do not rush into buying too too many plants... it is amazing how quickly you can take what you have a cultivate more and fill your tank in by your own efforts... and i always love the plants i "start" better...

Back
Top Bottom