Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > DIY Projects
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
View Poll Results: What should i put in there?
Salt Water Fish 2 22.22%
Fresh Water Fish 7 77.78%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-01-2004, 10:17 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to uniqueaquarium
An Aquatic Chair!!!

Sounds crazy huh. This is my current project for myself. It's going to be about 90 gallons. I'm deciding whether to pick Salt Water Fish or Fresh water Fish. What type of fish would you recommend? This is going to be challenging esp. for the filtration system. I plan to put it underneath the seat but the issue is how is it going to flow. What kind of pump would you recommend? Let me know what you think! Check out my progress by going to http://uniqueaquarium.tripod.com

I'm going to build an aquatic chair for myself. It's going to be 90 gallons. I will gladly accept any tips or advice on getting fish and other ideas that you may have. Let me know what you think. Please go to my site.... http://uniqueaquarium.tripod.com
uniqueaquarium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004, 11:12 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

I think that as a pilot project, I'd pick some hardy freshwater fish. I'm still green to SW, but I think it'd be easier to try it with freshwater first, and then perfect it, and then go with the SW. Some nice, hardy FW fish would probably do well. I'd have the outlet for the filter on the opposite side of the intake, as you could plumb just under the actual seat of the chair making that easier, plus you'll make sure there is adequate water circulation...good luck on the project, lemme know how it turns out for ya. It's an interesting concept. =]

125 gallon saltwater: 55gal sump, 4 Blue-Green Chromis, Purple Tang, True Perc, Firefish, Royal Gramma, 5 Ricordea, Bubble Coral, 15 Pulsing Xenia, Green Star Polyps, Deresa clam, Green-Tip Torch Coral (about 11 "heads"!), Orange Montipora Cap, Purple M. Digitata, Green Slimer Acro. Yongei, 3 Orange M. Digitata, Pink&Green Acro. Millepora
dansemacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004, 11:20 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

The lighting for a SW would be the problem. I'd go FW unless you can find a way to light it.

What about gas exchange?
Old 01-01-2004, 11:36 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

a sealed top like that just spells trouble for your ph if you do a sw.
Old 01-02-2004, 01:20 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

i agree with all that has been said some hardy freshwater would be the best way to go.
Old 01-05-2004, 11:19 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to uniqueaquarium
Keep it coming...Thanks =D

Thanks everyone! Those were some good points you guys pointed out. I didn't know that SW fish needed to get lightning. I'd keep that in mind. Keep the advice coming and i'll keep you udpated with this project on my site.
I'm going to build an aquatic chair for myself. It's going to be 90 gallons. I will gladly accept any tips or advice on getting fish and other ideas that you may have. Let me know what you think. Please go to my site.... http://uniqueaquarium.tripod.com
uniqueaquarium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 10:56 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Another thing to think about is feeding daily.
Old 01-06-2004, 11:34 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to oscarbreeder
just make the arms of the chair lift up so you can feed and do water changes.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/kyman_33/sig.jpg
oscarbreeder is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com