Another CO2 Reactor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lepomis

Aquarium Advice Freak
I came across some clearance items at Petsmart the other day and decided to go ahead and piece a system together. Total cost somewhere around 10 dollars. I made a holder from plexiglass to hold the water pump (free scrap material at Ace), a Repti Flo 250 mini terrarium pump (clearance item 5 dollars), then cut a piece of fluval 103/foam (clearance 99 cents, box of two) for a prefilter.

img_638875_0_3d1bc9473955663b51a080e20599b8dd.jpg

Nice.. How big is the reactor? What size tank is it going in?

I am going to place it on a 20 g long. I have feed the DIY into the HOB on the ten and it drives me nuts hearing the noise. No noise this way. Overall the unit is small do to the limited tank height. entire unit around 10 inches in length. A check valve and trap was added also. I think the small pump only pushes around 70 gph.

Injecting the CO2 higher up the pipe (closer to the pump) will give you more reactor space and increase efficiency.

I realized that when I started to put it in the tank. :lol: I flipped the pipe to get the CO2 closer to the pump. Works great so far. Every once and awhile I will see a small bubble shoot out the base but it stays in the current stream and rises back into the tube or just spins in the current slowy shrinking until it gone. I am going to make a second to place into my 10 gallon so I don't have to feed into the HOB.

Lepomis said:
... (free scrap material at Ace)...

Where did you use the metal? I don't see it in the picture. I didn't know Ace gave away scrap metal. I'm always in need of it. Good tip. :)

i like the project, i have a reptiflo i'm not using at the moment myself...

*edit* so yeah, i threw something together too... its small and the tube might not be long enough, but i had everything here at the house.

img_778903_0_974e739cf6e61bf41633057190f006c8.jpg

img_778903_1_64871928e91e3142c3c55dc739618c71.jpg

does anyone have an alternate place to find the bulkhead fittings for the caps other than an online RC shop?

Back
Top Bottom