Any experienced stand builders?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vundercoverdog

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm a little confused as to what can I do from here. I plan on having about (4) betta tanks on this stand. In the future I would like to put a 29 gallon on top and have only (2) 2.5 gallon tanks. I want to plan ahead and build this tank so it can hold that weight. This is what I have so far:
38X16X36
Used 2X4's and 2 1/2 inch screws and nothing else
Tank%20Stand.jpg

This is my first stand so I'm not very knowledgeable. A user pointed out, each shelf wouldn't hold the weight with only 8 screws. I thought what if I add 2X4's pieces underneath the shelves like this:

Tank Stand.jpg

Would it help? How can I make it more durable from here?

What you need to do is put a 2x4 under each corner of each shelf. This holds the weight of the shelf along a vertical member. Screws and/or other hardware should not be holding the weight of any tanks.

I'm a little confused as to what can I do from here. I plan on having about (4) betta tanks on this stand. In the future I would like to put a 29 gallon on top and have only (2) 2.5 gallon tanks. I want to plan ahead and build this tank so it can hold that weight. This is what I have so far:
38X16X36
View attachment 202115

This is my first stand so I'm not very knowledgeable. A user pointed out, each shelf wouldn't hold the weight with only 8 screws. I thought what if I add 2X4's pieces underneath the shelves like this:

View attachment 202116

Putting 2X4's in where you have the pic highlighted would be perfect. Then the verticals are supporting the weight, and not the screws.

38X16X36
View attachment 202115

View attachment 202116
Yes attach them to the uprights.

Put them where you have the pic highlighted here. That way the weight is on the uprights.

Back
Top Bottom