any ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mfdrookie516

Aquarium Free - 2+ Years
ok, so im just in this mode of thought right now where im dying to build something fun... looking back in the forums (WAY BACK) i found this thread... i want to build something like this... any ideas for background, aqua-scaping, etc? Im just curious how i would go about starting one of these... This would probably be in a 55g tank, i know it would be cramped, but i was thinking of maybe doing a waterfall on one end of the tank and having it flow outwards towards the other side... thanks :)
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f12/thoughts-on-paludarium-river-tank-13135.html

Basically, the heart of a river tank is one-way water flow. Get a canister filter and go from there. Use slate and silicone to build land features.

nice link captain... thats definately what i was thinking, and cheaper than i imagined too.. So i was definately thinking about using a canister, my only question would be the way i had it envisioned, i would have on one end of tank the inlet to the filter, and on the other end, have the output, making a waterfall... would the plumbing effect the canister at all? Since it will be 4' from entrance to exit of the canister and i would have to do some plumbing, which would probably make it about 6' of plumbing to and from the canister...

Back
Top Bottom