Any use the mortar kit from marcorocks.com?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meinporsche

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was looking at buying the 10lb kit to add some more rock to my 125. I tried the DIY with the cement and rock salt and it was just awful. Has anyone used the kit from marcorocks.com? I saw on one forum where someone had used it and it looked impressive. Just trying to get some feedback on it

Thanks

I haven't tried those, but I was recently looking into the cement and rock salt route, can you give me some more details on what exactly went wrong? I've heard about quite a few people that had good experiences with it, but I'm curious to hear more about your negative experience or the downside of going that route.

it could just have been me doing it wrong but here was my experience. the weight of the concrete would make the rocks flatten out and all i really got was shelves...i followed the diy on this forum to do it and they just looked like crap.

pros: none

cons: they are heavy, 6 weeks minimum to cure...nevermind there are really too many to list...

i am going to order the mortar kit from marcorocks.com and just go after it...apparently this stuff is ready in 24 hours and is very pliable (sp) and from the pics i saw of a guys work it looks very realistic. like i said before maybe it was just me but i would say the hassle and just buy the kit...apparently its the same stuff they use in public aquariums to make their artifical reefs...

Back
Top Bottom