Anyone find this to be a good idea?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

partypalooza5

Aquarium Advice Addict
For my 75G tank I plan to get (4) 5 gallon buckets and connect them all together with bulkheads through the bottom that connect to a central outlet with a pump attached. Basically the idea is that the 4 buckets will be the equivalant of around 20G of water (for one PWC). I plan to install a float valve to auto fill the containers (hopefully from an RO unit) The pump will act as circulation (mixing the salt and water till its time for the PWC) and also as a way to transfer it to the tank (through a python hose or something)

I'll try to draw a picture later, but is this a good idea or does it violate the "keep it simple stupid" principal?

i dont think you would get the proper circulation with all the bulk heads either.
i think a 20 gal plastic bin would be cheaper than buying the bulkheads too

The reason for the buckets is because I will probably have to put them in a cabinet in my bathroom (so I need something that can be arranged to fit in there) I think I'll go with a single tank, I know walmart sells these blue plastic cube drinking water containers that hold alot.

Under the cabinet (sink/cabinet combo thing) Supply Tee'd off the cold supply for the faucet.

I don't have anywhere to store a big 55G trash can or however big they are, thats why I'm probably over complicating a simple thing. xD

I got my RO/DI unit in my Laundry room which is in the back of the house. I make the water there and carry it to the front and store it in 5 gal homeDepot cans and mix it there with salt mix. From there, on Water change day, I put it in 1gal jugs and pour it into my sump to fill the water back up. There are lots more automated and easier ways, but I enjoy the exercise i get from this.

Back
Top Bottom