Anyone Retro'd AGA 24"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KentCurtis

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey everyone. Just got my 55w bright kit form ah supply today and just finished wiring the ballast. That went smoothly. I just moved to a new apartment so I don't have many tools, but I need to drill holes to mount the reflector inside my 24" All-Glass plastic strip. I will be borrowing a friends tomorrow. Anyways, the cord that has the PC connection on it which goes inside the fixture has alot of excess cord.....should I just try to stuff it up inside the fixture? I just feel that there is waaay too much wiring to fit inside my strip as is. Any input is appreciated.

Cord Length

I would probably shorten the cord. You can find a roll switch at a local hardware store to help make the connection. You could also just buy a plug and attach it to where you snipped the wire. Just a thought. I have had to do this a few times. Usually when I have to wire an additional ballast in, I just remove the excess cable from the end that goes into the ballast. Be careful! Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom