Anyone with a 48" hood??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RubixCube

Aquarium Advice Activist
I’m looking for the dimensions for my two 48" NO Lights. I was going to try and build a hood for them out of plywood/mdf. I was wondering if someone had a store bought one? If that someone would be kind enough to quickly measure it for me I would try and make one. And of course post my progress. All I need is L,W,H. I know most store bought hoods are not square but more of a half octagon shape. This is the one I would like to try and build.

Thanks in advance!

what are the dimensions of the tank? I just recently made a DIY Hood for my 45G tall with dimenions of the tank being 36 inches long, 12 inches deep and 22 inches high. The hood ended up being about 38 inches long, 13-14 inches deep, and about 12 inches high. Argh I need to post pics in my picture gallery but can;t find out how... but I'll post them on the message board to show you what it looks like.. But also keep in mind that my lights are also DIY so I purposefully made the Hood a bit high.. but I believe this actually makes the tank look better :D

Back
Top Bottom