App/program to help design stand/rack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jennandjuicetm

Aquarium Advice Freak
I would like to build a two tiered aquarium rack for only two to three tanks. I am a short person (5') so I want it to be pretty short so I can reach any corners of the tank and I'd like to make sure there Is enough space for me to work on the second tier and that the whole thing is strong enough. I am thinking about making one 42" across, 24" deep and was hoping to get at least 20" between the shelves. I was contemplating having a small extra shelf below the second one to hold stuff or raising the second shelf. I'm hoping to have it be large enough to hold up to a 40 breeder. For the moment I just need it to hold a 20 on one shelf and a 10 + 5 hex on another. I figure if it's versatile I will be able to use it for different tanks in the future. Are there any builder apps or programs that are free and would help me figure out what I really want and how much wood I will need?

Do you have any basic carpentry skills? Tools?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

No skills but my fiance does. He also has tools. I jist need to figure out how much lumber to get for what I want.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've never seen any myself but I've built a few stands. Currently building a new one for my 55g today. Will post a new thread after I'm done.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium advice.

If you go to a place like home depot for the lumber they will make all the cuts for you. You can draw up a rough plan and post it, we will critique for you if you'd like.. I've helped a couple other members get their plans together and the stands came out great..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom