Aqua Bridge has anyone tried it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, just making sure. I saw a YouTube video if something like this but I dont remember what it was called

Yes you can find them that way, you can check out my thread: open bottom tanks. Happy to answer some questions. Hope you post some pictures of your progress.

if both the tanks are at the same height then this would be simple....also if you want water to move through it just pump water from the one tank to the other through another line...water will flow back through the water bridge because the water will want to stay at the same height in each tank

its alot simpler than that, simply build in screw/endcaps onto each outlet of your bridge, take outside, close off one end, invert so that outlets are facing up, fill with water so that theres little to no air, close off second outlet, take inside and flip back over. place outlets into their respective tanks, then simply unscrew the endcaps...just make sure your water level is atleast 1-2 inches ABOVE the outlet tubes.... physics will do the rest.

oh and if you have a canister filter, place the input tube in one tank, and the output tube on the other, itll create flow thru 1st tank, thru the bridge, into 2nd tank.... tada!! water bridge!!

But the tubes look so tacky the plexiglas box tunnel looks way better but then you have to pump the air out also my bridge is 3' feet long my filter won't reach my other tank I had to use a pump from a small waterfall decoration but it move water from one tank to the other perfectly

did you possibly think about using a single piece of clear PVC and having a local shop heat mold/bend the elbows so that the whole bridge is 1 piece?? just spitballing here but that would def look alot better and cleaner IMO. I think itd be absolutely astounding to apply this "bridge" idea to a 2-room idea, whereas you have 2 tanks on the same wall, but in different rooms, and build the bridge going thru the wall.. if done the conventional way with the round clear PVC, it wouldnt be too bad... but again just my thoughts. i have some normal white pvc laying around and i may fool around with it a bit soon to just try out some designs.

oh defiantly just this one i have can support alot of fish no jams encourages more traffic cause sometimes if the pvc is small they will bump into each other swim out fast and never return

Yes for trials the pvc mightbe ok, but for definite use I dont think it would either esthetic or good for the fish. Such a proyect does deserve the investment for plexiglass or some sort of see thru material.

negligent_inmate said:
im def liking the heat molded one-piece clear pvc idea..itd look clean and smooth.

It will distort the look of the fish you will have to look at it at just the right angle to see the fish and you can build about 5 plexiglas for the price of one length of clear PVC and I will tell you the first fish jam they will Likely never use it again but if you do go with PVC I will recommend 4" PVC but it goes for around 100$ per length around here

im a lil confused as to if we are talking about the same thing, iwas meaning just simply taking a straight clear pvc pipe and having the ends heat bent so that the entire tube would be 1 piece, and you are very correct on the plexiglas vs. clear pvc price. i guess ultimately it comes down to personal preference and budget. i prefer the cylinder look but thats just my opinion. either way you go, its rather basic and pretty easy to accomplish. on that link that i posted, the author stated that the effect of the cylinder pvc actually magnified the fish swimming thru it, i dont believe that the box-style plexiglas will do that. but again, the bigger part is personal preference

negligent_inmate said:
im a lil confused as to if we are talking about the same thing, iwas meaning just simply taking a straight clear pvc pipe and having the ends heat bent so that the entire tube would be 1 piece, and you are very correct on the plexiglas vs. clear pvc price. i guess ultimately it comes down to personal preference and budget. i prefer the cylinder look but thats just my opinion. either way you go, its rather basic and pretty easy to accomplish. on that link that i posted, the author stated that the effect of the cylinder pvc actually magnified the fish swimming thru it, i dont believe that the box-style plexiglas will do that. but again, the bigger part is personal preference

True I was just warning you that sometimes it's hard to see them in a cylinder but your right it a lot easier to build PVC bridge just giving you my experience with it cause either way will cost a bit but let me know what you try and don't forget to post pictures

Back
Top Bottom