Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > DIY Projects
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-08-2011, 05:39 PM   #31
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

oh defiantly just this one i have can support alot of fish no jams encourages more traffic cause sometimes if the pvc is small they will bump into each other swim out fast and never return

Old 05-09-2011, 12:16 AM   #32
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Yes for trials the pvc mightbe ok, but for definite use I dont think it would either esthetic or good for the fish. Such a proyect does deserve the investment for plexiglass or some sort of see thru material.

Youtube Channel: http://youtu.be/sj0bVYblrZI
andresdeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 01:48 AM   #33
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

im def liking the heat molded one-piece clear pvc idea..itd look clean and smooth.
Old 05-10-2011, 01:43 AM   #34
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by negligent_inmate
im def liking the heat molded one-piece clear pvc idea..itd look clean and smooth.
It will distort the look of the fish you will have to look at it at just the right angle to see the fish and you can build about 5 plexiglas for the price of one length of clear PVC and I will tell you the first fish jam they will Likely never use it again but if you do go with PVC I will recommend 4" PVC but it goes for around 100$ per length around here
Old 05-10-2011, 02:21 AM   #35
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

im a lil confused as to if we are talking about the same thing, iwas meaning just simply taking a straight clear pvc pipe and having the ends heat bent so that the entire tube would be 1 piece, and you are very correct on the plexiglas vs. clear pvc price. i guess ultimately it comes down to personal preference and budget. i prefer the cylinder look but thats just my opinion. either way you go, its rather basic and pretty easy to accomplish. on that link that i posted, the author stated that the effect of the cylinder pvc actually magnified the fish swimming thru it, i dont believe that the box-style plexiglas will do that. but again, the bigger part is personal preference
Old 05-10-2011, 02:05 PM   #36
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by negligent_inmate
im a lil confused as to if we are talking about the same thing, iwas meaning just simply taking a straight clear pvc pipe and having the ends heat bent so that the entire tube would be 1 piece, and you are very correct on the plexiglas vs. clear pvc price. i guess ultimately it comes down to personal preference and budget. i prefer the cylinder look but thats just my opinion. either way you go, its rather basic and pretty easy to accomplish. on that link that i posted, the author stated that the effect of the cylinder pvc actually magnified the fish swimming thru it, i dont believe that the box-style plexiglas will do that. but again, the bigger part is personal preference
True I was just warning you that sometimes it's hard to see them in a cylinder but your right it a lot easier to build PVC bridge just giving you my experience with it cause either way will cost a bit but let me know what you try and don't forget to post pictures

Tags
aqua bridge, bridge

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com