Aqua Bridge has anyone tried it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shattrd3

Aquarium Advice Regular
I plan connecting my 10 gal to my 20 gal soon and I wanted to know if anyone has attempted to try and build one? If so how'd it go and any tips if any? I got a quote from my local plumber store here in Vegas and the clear PVC pipe was like 130 and the 90 degree shoulders were like 170 each!

That'd look amazing, the only place I've seen something like that is at the rainforest cafe. How do you plan on connecting them?

Well online all you need is clear PVC the shoulders and this mounting brace and it just sits right on top of your tank

It would seem that there would need to be some sort of vacuum or positive pressure if the lines went above the tank, or use a gravity feed type of set up to maintain a full tube.
Are your tanks set at the same height?

ldaniel said:
It would seem that there would need to be some sort of vacuum or positive pressure if the lines went above the tank, or use a gravity feed type of set up to maintain a full tube.
Are your tanks set at the same height?

Yeah that would my biggest concern, it would have to work the same way as an open bottom aquarium...

There are more explanations if you just look them up online. Basically it uses negative pressure to keep the water on re upper part. That would have to be the same thing you do for the bridge

it works great the only suggestion i have is to put a pump in pumping water from one tank to the other i will keep circulation into both tanks and through your bridge iam building one out of plexi glass now so i can see the fish pass through.

I have no idea what you guys are talking about lol i feel stupid. The way it was explained was that it's like turning a full water bottle upside down into water. you take the pipe fill it up with water and just flip it fast into the tank

you pump the air out and its displaced with water same idea if you take a glass put it in your sink under water let it fill with water turn it upside down and lift it out of the water leaving the rim just under the water line

here is a great video it will help you understand
YouTube - swim thru aquarium

I like the vacuum idea. It would be the way I would go about it. Keeps from having to flip the entire tube.
Make sure to match water parameters before mixing the tanks though.

I like the vacuum idea. It would be the way I would go about it. Keeps from having to flip the entire tube.
Make sure to match water parameters before mixing the tanks though.
great point do a major water change first but will work great if everything is new and it cycles all at once

Another option would be to, once its filled, add a pipe and pump that moves water from one tank to the other. Creating a slight current through the clear tubing. One that you can hide.

it works great the only suggestion i have is to put a pump in pumping water from one tank to the other i will keep circulation into both tanks and through your bridge iam building one out of plexi glass now so i can see the fish pass through.
yeaah i said that i like a decoritve fountain but thats just me and i add onto the hose

you can find clear pvc online much cheaper. i like the look of the plexiglass tho because its flat and it doesnt distort the fish through the glass. one way to fill it is drill a hole through a cork and put an airline tube through it and stick it in the bottom of you bridge and just suck the air out. as the water rises the cork will float up into your bridge and in between breaths kink the airline hose. its sounds more complicated then it really is. i hope to do this within the next year but idk if its gonna happen.

look at this site for the pvc bridge

http://www.bio-elite.com/waterbridge.htm

defiantly like plexiglass better for all the work it is i only want to do it once and my pump worked great for taking all the air out of my trial version

Back
Top Bottom