Aquaclear 110 hang on back hob refugium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xxlbreed

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok so im in the Process of cycling a 10gallon marine and working on plans for a hob refugium. I found a high quality skimmer that I would like to put in there. I know it will fit and I know I want to use the aquaclear 110 cause it has a great pump layout and it would save me of the cheap horrible PVC look..
I am looking at 55 bucks for the ac and 56 for the skimmer.
What else xcept for glue and the above listed do I need and what should I put in it?
Any plans.. Ideas?

Thxk

bump ....
did i post in the wrong sec or something?

Well I'm trying to figure out exactly what your going to be doing. Are you just throwing a HOB Filtration system and HOB skimmer on the tank? Are you going to modify the Aquaclear to dump the water into a HOB Refugium?

Just trying to figure out what your trying to accomplish. Draw up some plans and we can see what your working with.

I would totally pass on the skimmer for a 10g tank. That money can be best spent elsewhere. Like for a good refractometer and other stuff.

As long as you do your weekly water changers, dont overfeed or over stock pwc's are enough to get by with great results.

KreativJustin said:
Well I'm trying to figure out exactly what your going to be doing. Are you just throwing a HOB Filtration system and HOB skimmer on the tank? Are you going to modify the Aquaclear to dump the water into a HOB Refugium?

Just trying to figure out what your trying to accomplish. Draw up some plans and we can see what your working with.

Well I am modding the aquaclear 110 into a hob refugium, placing the skimmer and heater in there. Now I'm wondering if theres some good ideas on how to mod it? And what to put in it: cheato, live rock, sand, light.....etc?

As for the skimmer, I heard so much good stuff about it an the price was right ( amazon gift card) so I thought whatever I'll try it out and write a nice review on it :)

See some people say cheato doesn't work some say it does, same for the sandbed.. Theres not all that much space in the aquaclear 110 so Im not sure about the bed. Liverock seemed like a good idea tho. Maybe I can crush it to super small pieces an use instead of a sandbed? should I make my own baffles of acrylic or use the tray and cut it to fit?

FYI; I'm trying to do it as economic as possible

Back
Top Bottom