aquarium decor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bsm

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hi, what can i use to clean the green alga of the stuff i have in the aquarium. some people use bleach, but i dont know what the ratio is to water. any help please.:p

You can use a 1:20 bleach:water ratio to clean it. Just rinse rinse rinse rinse rinse rinse with clean water after you do so.

Others like to use white vinegar, again in a 1:20 ratio with water. It's less likely to impact your water parameters if any residual does make it into the tank.

Before you try any cleansers, just scrub it with a rough sponge under hot water to see if that does the trick.

I use a toothbruch on just about everything. Even my one and only turbo snail. He doesn't seem to mind, just keeps on eating. :)

Try a hydrogen peroxide dip. H2O2 breaks up in water to basically form water. It's even safe to use in the tank in small amounts.

Toothbrushes are awesome, I also use the green scrubbing pads they sell for dishes, those work good too. Hot water is a must.
The Hydrogen peroxide dip sounds great bigjim, funny how some simple things are just there for our taking and we dont think of em. haha. awesome. Im learning already.

Back
Top Bottom