aquarium ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
butterfly_koi said:
I'm going to use the house more as a frame, I'm going to put a tank inside it

I understand the concept but what I mean is the ambient moisture from evaporation whether you have a lid or not will still be enough moisture to support the unwanted growth of mold or mildew, my apologies for not being more clear in my first response

manbeast said:
I understand the concept but what I mean is the ambient moisture from evaporation whether you have a lid or not will still be enough moisture to support the unwanted growth of mold or mildew, my apologies for not being more clear in my first response

Lol its ok you don't have to apologize I started this thread so get ideas on the best ways to go about this, good or bad I accept and appreciate the criticism. Ok back to topic, hmm... I guess I could put some kind of sealant on it but what kind? A deck wood sealant would work because its waterproof but I would have to make sure I have a lid on the tank. Keep in mind I have not started this project yet kinda want to work out the kinks first.

This Kinda the general idea ? Aquatic Fundamentals 29 Gallon Blue Dollhouse Stand at PETCO

Don't know if they have it in the store but if so might be something to look at to get an idea of how they put it together. Don't know how good at wood working you are but if you want to use the doll house as more of a housing for it (no pun intended) building the house from scratch might be the cheaper route. Correct me if i'm wrong but those doll houses from hobby lobby tend to get a bit pricey.

pixelfinger said:
This Kinda the general idea ? Aquatic Fundamentals 29 Gallon Blue Dollhouse Stand at PETCO

Don't know if they have it in the store but if so might be something to look at to get an idea of how they put it together. Don't know how good at wood working you are but if you want to use the doll house as more of a housing for it (no pun intended) building the house from scratch might be the cheaper route. Correct me if i'm wrong but those doll houses from hobby lobby tend to get a bit pricey.

Petco already makes one? Argh! Guess I'll have to think of something else, I was looking for an idea that was totally original. Guess its back to the drawing board

how about you build a clear plastic robot lol. i like the dollhouse idea

make a sideways tank lol. find a way to set the gravel to the side of the tank and put plants there too and then glue the driftwood or rocks to the side as well. that would be something no ones done before...assuming it can be done tho lol

JokerWx13 said:
make a sideways tank lol. find a way to set the gravel to the side of the tank and put plants there too and then glue the driftwood or rocks to the side as well. that would be something no ones done before...assuming it can be done tho lol

Lol that would be kinda odd looking. it would sure make people scratch their heads.

How about a tank built into an old box tv so like the tv screen is the tank that would be kinda funny.

I'm about to start a tv aquarium build after seeing mumma of twos one I decided I would try.dads mates got a couple of old tvs when I get one I will start a thread

Back
Top Bottom