Aquarium lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I like projects an don't have money lol I'm 13 the reflector is 10-3/4" Big Tex and Patrickriley thank you but I'm gonna stick with this

the best thing is get (1) 24" strip of cool white and (1) 24" strip of blue, and either cut them in half to 12" and then 10.5" strips

or get (2) 12" strips of cool white and (2) 12" strips of blue and trim down to 10.5"

(7 increments of 1.5" trimmable sections = 10.5")

either way, whatever is cheaper to buy on fleabay from the same seller, and FYI filter the search resluts as "US Only"

I was looking at fleabay and could'nt find anything so I went on a different website where I can buy 30 CM strips of 5050SMD LEDs and its 4 of them for 25$ here's a picture.

image-1598739801.jpg

I was looking at fleabay and could'nt find anything so I went on a different website where I can buy 30 CM strips of 5050SMD LEDs and its 4 of them for 25$ here's a picture.

Try "superbrightleds.com" they have some good prices

the only thing i dont see is a white led + rgb, without a white your just going to have multiple blue settings, no white.. which sucks in my opinion.

Actually it's all in one unit and white and everything... It's not multiple units with different light colors

Actually it's all in one unit and white and everything... It's not multiple units with different light colors

i know its "all in one" i have these 5m reels in my store with the controllers, their version of white is a combination of red, green, and blue, not a true white led,

yes its on the remote for the "white" setting but look at the options below, its just a various combination of intensities of red, green, and blue, not a separate white led.

this is what you need Fishman, 2 strips come in one purchase its true white 5050 smd and true blue 5050 smd

2 Super Bright LED Strip Tape SMD5050 Black PCB Car Sign 12VDC US Seller "New" | eBay

Lol I'm torn you guys are doing such a great job at helping but with the size aquarium I have I'm going to go with Big Tex. but I don't know exactly what it is so I'll have to look at it a bit more.

So I place an order for a 2 X 10" white and a seperate order for a 2 X 10" Blue that costs me 22$ that costs 22$, is that about right?

exact cost would be $23.97 ask the seller to combine your shipping, and then your gonna need a 12v dc power supply at least a 500ma output, the leds are low consuption so that means the power supply will be low cost if your gonna buy new,

if not look around the house or garage sales for power supplies i stole one off a cheap walkie-talkie charger base i had that i didnt use anymore luckily mine was a 1000ma and btw you can go with at most a 14.8v DC power supply but no lower than 10v DC and no lower than 500ma on either of them.

only problem is he would have to go hoodless and trimless with the tank, or else alot of the light will be wasted getting blocked by the hood, and the led light base needs to clip onto the side of the tank, he still has the trim on as his.

Back
Top Bottom