Aquarium sean repair

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rolando96

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I repaired the side of my tank now im wondering how long i have to wait to refill the tank up. The silicone still smells like vinegar .

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Depending on how humid your location is?? Maybe even longer..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well i had it sitting there for 3 days now. And on the second day i used the air conditioner to speed up the process

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Think you should be good go!

For a thin layer, 3 days, for a thicker layer (like sealing) 7-10 days.

well even though it isn't "correct" I recently put the handle of a socket driver into the side of my ten gallon salt tank.
so I drained it down below the cracks and siliconed a patch in place and then let it sit for about 20 hours and filled it back up. it was a 4"x6" patch, so not a small dab of silicone for sure. LOL
The whole time my pseudochromis, coral shrimp and a hermy stayed in the tank and I/they have had absolutely no issues as a result.

This was an emergency situation though and I would not recommend it, but it does illustrate that after about 24 hours it is should be fine.
;)

ps, I am also using Chemi-Pure in that tank so not sure how much of a difference that made.

I had to do a quick patch on my new 30l, the top 2" of corner silicone was just not there, I too drained the tank and used the GE 100% black, it was the fast cure, 3rd rain ready stuff. I gave it 24 hrs and filled it up, still holding after a month;) not ideal but really didn't have a choice..

Back
Top Bottom