Aquarium stand: Painting over original color?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishcraze

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
We recently found a good deal on a used 45g aquarium with a stand. The color of the stand is black though and the wife says that is a no go for the living room. She has approved an off white color though so a new DIY project begins. Has anyone done this before? I'm 51, so I don't get much excited about these types of things anymore. In fact, I am tempted to just go buy a couple of cans of Krylon fusion paint and be done with it. Something tells me though, that I had better check in and make sure that is the way to go.

Does thing really need to be sanded all the way down, primered and then repainted or can I just paint right over?

We recently found a good deal on a used 45g aquarium with a stand. The color of the stand is black though and the wife says that is a no go for the living room. She has approved an off white color though so a new DIY project begins. Has anyone done this before? I'm 51, so I don't get much excited about these types of things anymore. In fact, I am tempted to just go buy a couple of cans of Krylon fusion paint and be done with it. Something tells me though, that I had better check in and make sure that is the way to go.

Does thing really need to be sanded all the way down, primered and then repainted or can I just paint right over?

Krylon will do, will take couple of layers to cover the black, but you will end up with nice white gloss finish

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom