ato float switch problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kelso

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm in the process of making an auto top off for my sump. Just got the float switch in the mail today.

I hooked it up to an extension cord like your supposed to. I tested it on my light with a cup of water. The light stays on, even when I take the switch out, and turn it upside down then rightside up, nothing happens light just stays on. Am I missing something?

Maybe you have a faulty float switch. These switches work because it is essentially a reed switch that is activated by the magnet in the floater. Sounds like the reeds have been stuck (possibly fused) together, which in turns means constant power. That's the only draw back with these switches, they seem to get stuck or fused together easily.

That has to be it. I dont know what else it could be. I ended up getting a float valve and working with gravity, not electricity. Ended up working really good. I'm going to post the build in the DIY forum.

Back
Top Bottom