Auto Top Off Switch DIY Top Off

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryS

Aquarium Advice Activist
Think I want to use the Aqua Lifter Vacuum Pump in combination with the CoralVue HIGH WATTAGE Electronic Top-off Float Switch CoralVue HIGH WATTAGE Electronic Float Switch | Reef Specialty I like that it the float uses a fixed bracket and have heard that CoralVue provides good customer service, if needed.

I'll be using a 5.5 gal glass aquarium as a supply/storage tank for the RO/DI water - the tank fits nicely in the space I have available in my display tank stand. I will locate the pump above the supply tank. Everything seems KISS and an easy build.

Looking for suggestions and feedback on this CoralVue switch and/or an alternative design or approach. Thanks! :thanks:

I have a in-sump dual switch setup from autotopoff.com. It works great.

Sweet site. I jumped the gun today... got impatient from all the research and bought the CoralVue HIGH WATTAGE Electronic Top-off Float Switch and a Marineland MN404UL on Amazon which seems to have good reviews. The CorakVue strikes me as an industrial strength solution.... we'll see.

I will re-visit this and autotopff.com as I think as a next step will add a solenoid on/off from the RO/DI unit which is located in my kitchen (25ft.). I also his Hydronamic Auto Shutoff Valve.

Great referral, Larry. Thanks! :)

Back
Top Bottom