Baby fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman123

Aquarium Advice Newbie
What can I do with my baby fish . As I can not but them in my tank as they are too small. And My angel fish will eat them. IMG_0253.jpg

I let the mom back in with the regular fish after she is done having the babies. Then I leave my fry in the breeder box with a lid on and grind of fish food and do regular feedings with them. That's what I do with my guppy and molly fry. Take the bottom grid out though so they have more room to grow.

Yes we also have a additional 25l extra tank for or baby fish or sick purposes

You can get a small filter or just do daily - every other day pwc. Anyway because it isn't cycled.you need to do very frequent pwc anyhow. You can suction the water with a smaller diameter plastic hose and use a little Fluval Edge pre filter sponge rubber banded or zip tied on to the end of the suction. And a turkey baster to quick clean poops or excess food. You should consider just bare bottom for cleaning with a few stones, a chunk of wood and some plants from your other tank. It will give the babies something to nibble at.

Get a paint strAiner. It will float in the main tank. Holes are too small for fry to escape but will alway some circulation

cant you leave this in the main tank. I did it a couple times with Molly fry until I figure it was more work than worth and unfortunately let them be a built in food source.

I never realized HOW OLD a lot of the fish you buy at the store were until I did the molly fry. These things stayed tiny forever. The ones you buy have to be near or over a year old.

I never realized HOW OLD a lot of the fish you buy at the store were until I did the molly fry. These things stayed tiny forever. The ones you buy have to be near or over a year old.

Yes you could leave them to be fish food.

The breeders will use optimum conditions like ideal temps, and superfilter capacity for perfect water, good food, fed frequently - all designed for maximum growth and maximum profit. Not always the same kind of conditions in a home/ hobby tank.

Back
Top Bottom