Backyard Koi Pond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IAmMP44

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I’m just about finished digging up the koi pond in my backyard and already know all the parts I need and am ready to buy them. I started thinking about how I’m going to fill the pond up when water evaporates throughout the day. Does anyone have any suggestions? Ideally I want to make an auto top off system but I don’t know what to do about the chlorine in my city tap water.

Buy a large barrel or trough, fill and treat it then pump it into your pond with a small pond pump.

I’m just about finished digging up the koi pond in my backyard and already know all the parts I need and am ready to buy them. I started thinking about how I’m going to fill the pond up when water evaporates throughout the day. Does anyone have any suggestions? Ideally I want to make an auto top off system but I don’t know what to do about the chlorine in my city tap water.

A carbon filter like this guys should work.
https://youtu.be/Qi_UEAGjmZQ

Buy a large barrel or trough, fill and treat it then pump it into your pond with a small pond pump.

The pond will be around 2000 gallons. I am extremely busy throughout the week and I don’t think that I have time to do this on a daily basis. I’m looking to make an ATO.

Would it require daily top off's? I take it you have no shade for part or most of the day??

Would it require daily top off's? I take it you have no shade for part or most of the day??

It will be in direct sunlight from about 6am-4pm so I think that it will require daily top offs. Our pool has to be topped off daily due to evaporation.

Back
Top Bottom