Well I finally got water in the tank and started the pump cycle. I have a few issues. Nothing that can't be fixed but it's more of a delay and moral crusher. To fix the issues the right way I think I need to tear down a few portions of the sump.
First off, the spray bar being level allows water to drop to the ends of the PVC
which is causing water to drip constantly out of the back portion of the box. I think a few beads of silicon around the bottom back 1/2 may make enough of a drip edge to fix that. I'll have to try it tonight but I can't run the pump any longer or I'll have a huge spill in the morning.
Second, my flow doesn't seem to be as intense as I would think it would be give the dual pipes. It's not horrible, but it just doesn't seem super strong.
Third, I think the refugium wall needs to be lower. I don't know wat to do other than try and grind a few slots along the acrylic's top edge. At best I'll drop it a 1/2" this way but I think it needs to go down 1"-2" for sure. This would require a tear down, cut and re-silicone. This is a small issue but I think I need more room for overflow once the power is out or siphon breaks.
Forth, the siphon does seem to be breaking when I do the power out tests. I only got to do this once though because of the spray bar drip.
Finally, as if all that isn't enough, I really needed my ball valve on the other side of the union piece in the PVC
. DUH. I can't shut the valve and remove the spray bar lol. I could tear this apart and glue one in but I think it's going to have to be later or never.
sigh... I'll have to work on it some tomorrow. We have plans tonight.