Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > DIY Projects

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-21-2014, 11:08 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
Best looking moonlight

I was visiting a friend and he had two tanks, the first tank had blue led for moonlight and the second tank had one of those new multicolor led units. The second canopy was hotter than #### but it darn sure looked sexy. He said he bought it because he added some live plants but this was one of those full blown reef units that cost near $200 for a 36" unit.

I love the look of the high dollar moonlight, let's face it, part of the enjoyment of having a beautiful aquarium is the beauty of a tank in the evening and glaring florescent just AIN'T sexy.

I can truthfully say that while the blue looked good, the full color spectrum looked great!!! Can we build some combination of led's using various colors to duplicate this look?

MeCasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 12:35 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I bought an led strip light at Ikea. It has a control on it that allows you to change the colour of the light through the whole spectrum. And the led strip is peel and stick! I think it was about 20 to 30 bucks. It looks great in my tank at night.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Aquarium Advice mobile app
ocdfishguy is offline   Reply With Quote

light, moonlight

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com