Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > DIY Projects
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-07-2012, 10:55 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Vysekal View Post
Half liter for each betta at 3 months of age is enough... do you think 3months old betta would be as large as matured one? Because I don't think so, if you have ever bred Bettas and you isolated female using jar or bottle that only proves that you are wrong as the jar does take up to 1 liter.
I just want to clarify this for future people reading it, or if youre still thinking about it.

Having bred bettas 1/2 liters are too small, and bettas are full grown or nearly full grown at 3-3 1/2 months of age. If you would look on aquabid you will find people all sell theirs at 3 months full grown. Please rethink breeding them

Old 10-09-2012, 01:10 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by haley4963 View Post
I just want to clarify this for future people reading it, or if youre still thinking about it.

Having bred bettas 1/2 liters are too small, and bettas are full grown or nearly full grown at 3-3 1/2 months of age. If you would look on aquabid you will find people all sell theirs at 3 months full grown. Please rethink breeding them

Well obviously people will sell their bettas at 3 months because this is when the bettas becomes fully mature and by this time all males should show their aggression toward other males.
But tell me, can you get rid of 40 male bettas in 1 day or week???
Therefore you have to house them but if you know that much about bettas then you would know that males cannot be housed together otherwise they will kill each other and half litre for 3-4cm betta is sufficient for around 2 to 3 weeks so I can sell them and last question have you ever bred bettas? And if how many did survive as I get average 50-60% survival rate that makes it 60-70 out of 150 fry

:t hanks:

Tags
betta

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com