Black Inlet/Outlet Pipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ian086

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi, i recently painted the back of my 55g freshwater tank black. I can replace my airpump tubing to black but i was wondering if there is any way of changing the inlet/outlet pipes to black also. Can i paint or purchase black inlet/outlets to blend in with the background. I have a Tetra EX700 filter..Has anyone done this or can anyone offer advice on whether it can/can't be done??...All opinions/advice welcome.. Thanks, Ian

I'm not certain but the tetra ex models look identical to the all pond solutions ef and sun sun filters both of which come with black intake pipe and spray bar. The hoses are green but if the back of your tank is painted obviously you won't see the hoses. I run one of the all pond solutions filters in my tank and the intake pipe is barely visible against the black backing and the hoses are out of sight.
The intake pipe and spray bar are available to purchase on eBay amongst other places but may be worth doing some research to make sure they're compatible before spending your cash. I'm pretty sure they're 16mm hoses but like I said, do check first to avoid wasting yr money.

I'm not certain but the tetra ex models look identical to the all pond solutions ef and sun sun filters both of which come with black intake pipe and spray bar. The hoses are green but if the back of your tank is painted obviously you won't see the hoses. I run one of the all pond solutions filters in my tank and the intake pipe is barely visible against the black backing and the hoses are out of sight.
The intake pipe and spray bar are available to purchase on eBay amongst other places but may be worth doing some research to make sure they're compatible before spending your cash. I'm pretty sure they're 16mm hoses but like I said, do check first to avoid wasting yr money.
Cheers Dreadz, would never have found those. The sun sun looks very nice and it might do the trick. I will of course research it a bit and make sure it fits, I'm sure i could get hose adopters(for my ex700 tubing) if needed... I will let ya know if it works, thanks again for the fast reply...Ian

You should be able to paint them using krylon fusion paint. Sand them well and make sure you follow the curing time. Rinse them in water after they cure and you should be golden.

You should be able to paint them using krylon fusion paint. Sand them well and make sure you follow the curing time. Rinse them in water after they cure and you should be golden.
Cheers, going to try Dreadz idea first and paint my EX700 pipes as a last resort....Thanks for the idea though...

Cheers Dreadz, would never have found those. The sun sun looks very nice and it might do the trick. I will of course research it a bit and make sure it fits, I'm sure i could get hose adopters(for my ex700 tubing) if needed... I will let ya know if it works, thanks again for the fast reply...Ian

Hope it works for you. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom