Black out back of tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mia2175

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi I am new to the hobby, I spent so much time researching the insides workings of the tank and now that I have got my tank started I would prefer the back be black. Can I paint it or plasti dip it while its full? Every video I have watched the tanks are empty.

I would not paint it with water inside. Asking for big problems

You can use poster board

You can use window tint. Buy it at Lowe's or Home Depot. I really like how it looked on my big 150g display tank. can't see the cords and stuff at all.

I was thinking about using the black vinyl they use for making letters/stickers from to do the back and one side that will be near a window.

Just saw this video, and then saw this post/ a bit older now, but interesting option. Would think really good ventilation and low VOC paint, an good seal of top.

Did you do anything yet?

Tape black foam board to the outside back of the tank. It's water resistant, and inexpensive. I've got it installed on my tank. It works great. You can buy it at Hobby Lobby.

Just saw this video, and then saw this post/ a bit older now, but interesting option. Would think really good ventilation and low VOC paint, an good seal of top.

Did you do anything yet?
Pretty cool video! I did end up doing it when I bought my lights, I had to drain enough water to scoot out the tank to mount the lights. I ended up plasti dipping the back. I like the way it came out but think I will use paint to redo it when I empty my tank to drill it soon. FB_IMG_1537193720082.jpgFB_IMG_1537193758867.jpg

Tape black foam board to the outside back of the tank. It's water resistant, and inexpensive. I've got it installed on my tank. It works great. You can buy it at Hobby Lobby.

Knowledge!

Back
Top Bottom