I am about to start constructing a hood for my FW
72g bowfront tank and before I start I am hoping to get some of the questions I have answered from the experts here...
When I bought this setup I ordered a 48" All-Glass strip light with electronic ballast controlling 2 55-watt, 9325K PC
bulbs. With a total of just 1.53wpg I am a bit underlighted for the planted tank I want to have. My plan is to use the guts of the strip light I have in a new hood I will build, adding to it a 96 watt kit from ahsupply. This will end up giving me a total of 206 watts for 2.83wpg - much better!
1. Given that I now have 110 watts of 9325K bulbs, what temperature 96 watt bulb would be best for me to buy? I can get 5000K, 6700K, or 10000K bulbs from ahsupply.
2. How should I position the bulbs? Should I put the 96 watt bulb behind (ie: towards the rear of the tank) the 2 55 watt bulbs? ...or the other way around? ...does it even make a difference?
3. Given that I now have a glass lid, how far above the lid would be best for the lights to be suspended? 1", 2", 3", or???
4. The 55 watt bulbs will be separately powered from the 96 watt bulb. What strategy should I employ in cycling the lighting? Just turn on all watts at once and off at once? ...or what?
5. I'm thinking of including moon lighting also - anything I should be aware of for this sub-project?
Newbie wanting to know what the experts think...