Building a hospital for my hospital tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sharkbutter

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I had the really cheeky idea of furnishing my hospital tank with an ornament shaped like a tall hospital with a red cross on it. What sort of craft clay, material or whatever is going to be safe for my tank and fish and easy to obtain? Any ideas?

i would use styrene plastic. you can usually get different shapes, sizes and stock at the local hobby store. glue it up, paint, wash with vinegar, rinse well and ready to go. i dont know if model paints would be ok in an aquarium though i suspect once fully cured since it's an enamel it would be ok. definately do some more research into the paints.

to kill the mood.... why not just paint the background what ever. my hospital tanks / qt what ever you want to call them are all bare bottom. it makes cleaning them removing the waste that much faster. i have a hob or a sponge filter i have to switch over. if the fish die in the tank i tear it all down bleach it dry it out make sure everything is dead before putting hte filters back. the tank is dried until next time.

i did say i was killing the mood.... maybe he can build it for out side or around it... i find the less stuff in there the better.

Total killjoy! It was just an idea. Mostly my tank hospital tank is bare save for one hidey hole and a small plastic plant. This is purely for laughs. The tank is too small for any sort of background art to be significant and my apartment is way too small for anything on the outside. So I guess me and my fish are sort of in the same boat space wise :). Oh well, styrene plastic sounds good to me. I wonder if I can get it in red so as to take out the painting and sealing problem altogether.

you can have it in there when there isnt fish in there. how big is the tank? mine is always just empty and dry until i need it.

again with the whole killing the mood and everything. its about whats best for the fish not looks. just pointing out why things in my mind are best does that way. in the days end you will do what ever you wish. ill try to stop killing youre fun.

Totally, no killing fish! That is mostly the reason for the post. I want to have fun without killing my fish :)

BOY IT WAS WORTH REGISTERING TO POST THAT!!!11!

When I clicked on this thread I thought it was going to be the Lego tank guy with pictures.

Back
Top Bottom