BUILDING Co2 SYSTEM-NEED HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PESCATORI

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello:

I'm planning to build a Co2 system for one of my tanks. What I am looking for is a good source of fittings & couplings for converting various Bottles and Regulators. Web sources would be fine... as the local guys around here are not interested or do not carry the parts and accessories... most everything is Welding Supplies and when you mention Paintball or Aquarium Co2 equipment... they give you that suggestive gaze toward the door. ??

TNX,

Don
:cool:

hmmm I am not sure how much you would save by putting a regulator together with a needle valve, rather than just purchasing one off the shelf...

$88 - Milwaukee MA957 CO2 Regulator, Free Priority Shipping!

This is a good setup for a decent price... if nothing else it gives you an idea of what you are up against price wise. FWIW, I have used this regulator for a few years now maintenance free.

My reply 2 u

hmmm I am not sure how much you would save by putting a regulator together with a needle valve, rather than just purchasing one off the shelf...

$88 - Milwaukee MA957 CO2 Regulator, Free Priority Shipping!

This is a good setup for a decent price... if nothing else it gives you an idea of what you are up against price wise. FWIW, I have used this regulator for a few years now maintenance free.

Well, it's not the cost. I have several regulators here with gauges, I'm trying to locate a brass fitting that allows coupling a Co2 regulator to a Paintball tank. The Paintball Tanks have a non standard fitting and thread. I know there must be a way to tie this equipment together and I'm sure I'm not the only guy who has this type of idea... I'm just trolling for someone who has done this, and can advise me.

Tnx for your reply,

Don

Don, understood!! I know they are out there... you want to convert a CGA320 regulator valve size to fit on a paintball tank? Is that what you mean?

Back at ya

Don, understood!! I know they are out there... you want to convert a CGA320 regulator valve size to fit on a paintball tank? Is that what you mean?

Yes, I have done some searching on the WWW but no luck yet. Plenty of regulators that fit a paintball tank and a price like it was for a Rolex watch. I'm an Engineer by Education and Discipline and as such... I have been the DIY guy before DIY was even thought of, We called it "Home Brewing". I just love to design and build things. A simple little fitting like this with left hand thread on one side a right on the other... and it takes an act of Congress to locate one. I have a garage full of parts... but this bird is not roosting in there.

Thank you for hanging in here. I'm sure with enough searching and posting on Web Sites, I'm certain I will locate what I desire, I cannot be alone in this endeavor.

TNX

Don

I think you are right. Post an update when/if you find one. I will look around some tomorrow afternoon if you haven't located one. For now....zzzzz :)

I think you are right. Post an update when/if you find one. I will look around some tomorrow afternoon if you haven't located one. For now....zzzzz :)

Well, that is very thoughtful of you to search for me. I don't understand why almost every Site has plenty of advertisements but none have a database of information for those who love to Build Their Own. Too much emphasis today on Buy, Buy, Buy. Exercising and pushing your mind to learn, is as important as going to the Gym pumping Iron and lusting after your muscles in the mirrors.

Ciao,

Don

My husband is a steamfitter and was going to do a design like yours. We never could find a fitting. We thought about dismatling a used paintgun for the parts. He finally gave up and bought me the Milwaukee. :)

My husband is a steamfitter and was going to do a design like yours. We never could find a fitting. We thought about dismatling a used paintgun for the parts. He finally gave up and bought me the Milwaukee. :)

Greetings:

Well, I may wind up like the cat chasing the proverbial tail. The local paintball shop did not have any adapters for the regulator, they recommended the welding supply or maybe you can find one on the Internet. As soon as I mentioned my project to the welding shop and the use of a paintball tank... they went cold on me and looked at the door as if to say "time to go". I imagine they would prefer to sell me a large Co2 tank about 10lbs and a regulator to the tune of hundreds of dollars then they would be very helpful... I will continue my pursuit for that fitting, maybe my friend at his machine shop can run one out on the CNC machine.

Don

went down this road myself. Nobody has this kind of adapter.

I think its due to the fact that with a paintball canister you'll be refilling that all the time...

My response 2 u

went down this road myself. Nobody has this kind of adapter.

I think its due to the fact that with a paintball canister you'll be refilling that all the time...

I did find a source for a single gauge regulator that is threaded for paintball tanks. So, there is at least one primary part that could be used for gassing a tank now and then. I admit most paintball tanks are small 9-20oz but there are the backpack models that let you run fast hard and Sun up to Sun down without a re-charge. All sports equipment always goes to the extreme, man demands it. With the 9oz and one 20oz they would last quite a while with the planted 30 gal tank. Besides I very much enjoy tinkering with stuff like this.

Thanks for responding to my thread.

Don

I've been trying to find the same since I have 6 full 20oz tanks laying around. I'm surprised this hasn't been done b4 let me know if you have any luck

There was a thread on apc where someone used a paintball ASA, some brass fittings and cheapo needle valve available at your nearest home depot /lowes for a very very nice paintball CO2 system.

Back
Top Bottom