Bulkhead Fitting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eatsomepopcorn

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am installing a new 120g tank which will come drilled from the bottom with two overflows drilled for 1" lines. Should I install slip fitting bulkheads or threaded bulkheads?

PVC or Flexhose

I am setting up a new reef ready marine tank and was originally planning on using pvc for everything, but I am considering the use of flexible hose instead. Any suggestions on which or if I should combine the two and on what components should I use what? I will have 120g tank with 40 or 55g sump, protein skimmer, mag 12, lots of live rock.

I prefer threaded because if anything should ever happen, i.e. leaks, the main componant can be disassembled rather than having to cut through pvc.

Durso vs Stockman Standpipe

Anyone have any suggestions on standpipe in 120g dual built in overflow (Durso, Stockman, something else)>

They all function about the same unless you have a special application such as external Durso's, etc. Pick which ever one you have room for and relatively easy for you.

Did you buy the tank yet? My Perfecto predrilled tank came with all the bulkheads and overflow plumbing.

+1 for ccCapt. Pre-drilled tanks usually come with the bulkheads, etc.

I would always opt for threaded, and pvc over flex hose IMO. I have a combination under my tank thanks to the lfs, and replaced parts with threaded pvc. Much easier to take portions apart for cleaning.

The tank has not arrived yet, but it is reef ready and will come with the plumbing, but I was considering changing it out if it made sense.

Back
Top Bottom