Calcium Reactor Built out of a Canister Filter ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

divemasterjim

Aquarium Advice Freak
I want to build a Calcium Reactor and had an idea of using my Eheim 2213 Canister filter. Can anyone tell me why this wouldnt be a good idea?
p2206b.jpg

The pump might be a bit speedy, but there's no reason why you couldn't try. You going to inject CO2, or just let the water flow over calcified media?

Just be careful, with the more powerful pump, that you don't create a venturi effect on your CO2 input line. It will be easier to control if you only have to worry about positive pressure.

Most of the Calcium reactors I have seen have huge pumps on them, I dont think the filter will have enough force to make a difference, this is one of the reasons I thought this would be a good idea.

they are plumped to reciculate though the canister (the larger pump). a trickle is all thats needed from the reactor you can plumb it off the recerulating loop.

you could do this by installing a bulk head into the filter.. but to be perfectly honest with you using a eheim is going to be cost proibitive to this project.. Coralife has a calcium reator on the market now that would make this project too expensive comparitivly.

You can use any water tight container and pump to build a calcium reactor so thinking this though is not a total loss.

Back
Top Bottom