Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > DIY Projects
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-02-2004, 11:38 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via AIM to nguyen27 Send a message via Yahoo to nguyen27
Canister filters and Sump

Hi everyone and Happy NewYear! Wish you all get promote faster and your pockets getting heavier
One question regarding Sump and CanisterFilters.

Can I get an HOB overflow box with the rate said like 700gph, which draws water from the tank into the Sump, then a canister filter with its intake in the sump/output is inside the tank; drawing water from the sump and pump that filtered water back into the main tank so that no need of using an addition waterpump? And a switch to prevent the canister from running dry when the level of water in sump drop down too low? And also the output from the canister will stay at water level to prevent backflow!

Thanks

Old 01-02-2004, 08:03 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

you can do that, but the canister pump probably wont be able to pump all that much water from the sump to the main tank. depending on the tank tho and how much water flow you needed, it could be enough. what canister filter are you planning on using, whats it gph rate, and what size is the tank and how many gph are you plannig on pumping?

Old 01-03-2004, 09:21 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via AIM to nguyen27 Send a message via Yahoo to nguyen27
Basically that I am looking at using two canister filters for this purpose and Fluval 204 and a Cascade 700, each got like 185gph so that give me around 350-400gph, so a 1/2" pipe plumbing from the overflow will give a good enuf balance for the water flow? I'm putting this ona 54 corner tank for my sister, and honestly I hate the view of this tank.

Tags
canister, canister filter, canister filters, filter, filters, sump

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com