Canister filters and Sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nguyen27

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi everyone and Happy NewYear! Wish you all get promote faster and your pockets getting heavier ;)
One question regarding Sump and CanisterFilters.

Can I get an HOB overflow box with the rate said like 700gph, which draws water from the tank into the Sump, then a canister filter with its intake in the sump/output is inside the tank; drawing water from the sump and pump that filtered water back into the main tank so that no need of using an addition waterpump? And a switch to prevent the canister from running dry when the level of water in sump drop down too low? And also the output from the canister will stay at water level to prevent backflow!

Thanks

you can do that, but the canister pump probably wont be able to pump all that much water from the sump to the main tank. depending on the tank tho and how much water flow you needed, it could be enough. what canister filter are you planning on using, whats it gph rate, and what size is the tank and how many gph are you plannig on pumping?

Basically that I am looking at using two canister filters for this purpose and Fluval 204 and a Cascade 700, each got like 185gph so that give me around 350-400gph, so a 1/2" pipe plumbing from the overflow will give a good enuf balance for the water flow? I'm putting this ona 54 corner tank for my sister, and honestly I hate the view of this tank.

Back
Top Bottom