Cascade 300 filter tricks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saulog

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
well i got my new filter yesterday, it is a cascade 300 power filter. i was looking through some websites and i found this one: www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/power_filter_tricks_ii.php
so i was wondering if it is really worth it to do all that and what are the benefits of it. i dont know much about filters, so i would like some ideas on how to make it run better or if i should just leave it like that. also the intake tube only reaches till about the middle of my tank. should i extend it or just leave it like that? does it make a difference how far down it is?...

It looks like a pretty standard DIY filter cartridge. The benefit of doing this is the DIY cartridge is easier to clean and should last longer than the standard cartridge. If you google DIY cartridge or similar, you'll find all kinds of these ideas. It's a good way to save some money.

Middle of the tank depth should be fine.

thanks for the info. i appreciate it.

It looks like a pretty standard DIY filter cartridge. The benefit of doing this is the DIY cartridge is easier to clean and should last longer than the standard cartridge. If you google DIY cartridge or similar, you'll find all kinds of these ideas. It's a good way to save some money.

Middle of the tank depth should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom